need suggestions on powders for 270 & 280AI

I don't think you will be able to beat RL26 with the heavy bullets in either. Top velocity, low es, and good temp stability.....Rich

I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn with RL26 and the 162-168s in the 280AI. I've heard tons of great things from everybody else about it. RETUMBO ok. H4831 ok. H1000 ok. 7828ssc horrible. RL26 horrible. H4831SC Unbelievable! :)

I wish RL26 worked well in my bbl. Sounds impressive.

I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn with RL26 and the 162-168s in the 280AI. I've heard tons of great things from everybody else about it. RETUMBO ok. H4831 ok. H1000 ok. 7828ssc horrible. RL26 horrible. H4831SC Unbelievable! :)

I wish RL26 worked well in my bbl. Sounds impressive.

Wow Michael! I have not heard that but every rifle is different, as we all know. I use it in ALL of my Sherman designs with great results! Thanks for the post though. All reliable data is valuable......Rich

H4831 or the SC version and the 270 Win. go together like ice cream with apple pie. Work up to it but THE LOAD used to be right on the Hodgdon bottle. 60 grs with a 130 gr bullet. I have shot this load for many years with 130 Sierra and Ballistic Tips and it runs around 3150 fps out of a 24" barrel and is bug hole accurate and usually drops deer in their tracks.

Yup, tried this for my first test loads, shot lights out, tried other combos and couldn't touch the H4831SC wth Fed 210m's and 130gr bullet in my .270Win.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts