Need some info

Wow you guy's are very helpful. I had a good load using H1000 and 168gr accubond Long range bullets I used 68grs and it was coming out the barrel at 3024. Can't get H1000 nor 168gr ABLR bullets

I have read a bit of reloading info with regards to RL26 and the 7mm Rem Mag. I will be using 160gr Nosler partitions. Alliant has the max powder charge is 65.9gr. However I have read many people loading the same powder and 160gr bullets and stuffing it with 69grs of RL 26. This seems dangerous. Please give me some peace of mind. I plan to do a ladder test and need a starting point and a ending point.

RL26
GM215M primers
Norma brass
160gr Nosler Partition
Never exceed book max unless you have a lot of experience reading pressure. Everyone can give you a starting point. No one can predict an end point. It could be below book max. It could be above depending on a hundred different things. Any load that appears to have more pressure than a factory load is too much.

My plan is to start at about 64gr od RL26 and work up to 65.9gr. Then I will slowly add powder till I see pressure signs or reach 69gr. My overall plan is to do a ladder test and find the nodes. I have never done a ladder test, however I have a basic idea of how to do it.

Good safe approach in working up your load.The published 7mag loads are generally only around 58-59K psi.which is quite mild when you compare it to a lot of other cartridges that are loaded around 63k psi.That why the 7mag looks so anemic sometimes.It's a way better cartridge than what is usually shown on paper.

Here is my RL26 reloading info. Velocity was a 10 shot average from my LabRadar.
7Bean:RL26.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.