Need recommendations on tikka

wingerbrent

Wanting build on a tikka action I have the proof research .284 carbon fiber barrel. Almost everything else custom I have is either on a 700 or a 700 clone. Always loved my factory tikkas and it seems wrong to ruin a fantastic rifle by stripping it down. Any ideas on where to buy just an action??? TIA

Nope that's pretty much how it works. You either strip a rifle or buy from JA who always seems to have a few on hand. You'll randomly come across people who have stripped a rifle and then lost interest if you have enough patience to wait.

Wanting build on a tikka action I have the proof research .284 carbon fiber barrel. Almost everything else custom I have is either on a 700 or a 700 clone. Always loved my factory tikkas and it seems wrong to ruin a fantastic rifle by stripping it down. Any ideas on where to buy just an action??? TIA

for about the same price you're better off getting a factory rifle and stripping it down.

i did it that way as at the time actions were going for about $35-50 less than a complete rifle.

if you want to go the just the action route.

looks like @North Idaho Hunter beat me to it.

Stripping a rifle down isnt a bad idea at all, however - most don't know before hand that tikka's can be incredibly stubborn to remove barrels if done incorrectly!

MANY have to have relief cuts on the barrels to come apart - adding to more $$$ and time.

Just a FYI to those thinking of DIY.

I'd just buy the action and save the headache of getting the factory barrel off. Plus, unless your gunna keep the stock then you'll probably not use anything else ever.

North Idaho,
You look to be a really good source of these actions and other components. Pretty cool you have fluted bolt options as well as left hand actions in all of the factory bolt face options. I'll definitely keep these in mind for future builds. My last one was a donor rifle I got for a little cheaper but I did have to put a relief cut on the barrel to get it off. This was definitely something missing from the market. Hard to beat a $5-600 action including a great trigger that compares well to some of the nicest customs out there In my opinion.

In my opinion, Tikka actions make a great custom rifle. Actions are strong straight and smooth as silk. Have never had a bad Tikka and i have owned 6.