Need Hunting Recommendation

jeffwhip

Ok guys,

I just got my results in from AZ and I did not draw an elk tag this fall. To make matters worse, neither of my two daughters (15 & 13) drew either. So I am looking for advice on where I can still put in (elk, deer, antelope) and take them hunting this fall. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :D

The last I heard montana has left over for the 1st. time.
What is the world coming to?

Thank the voters of Montana. Since anyone using an outfitter now had to use the "general draw" instead of the outfiter-sponsored (i.e. reserved and prepaid) tags, the reservations with Montana based companies is down. It will be interesting to see how much less $ the state takes in this year both in license fees and tourism dollars.

To get back to the original intent, WY will have leftover antelope and other tags available in June, as noted. If you have friends there who know areas and can help with suggestions, it can work. I hope to do this if I don't draw in NM.

Colorado has a lot of over the counter Elk Tags. There are some pretty good units that you can get in and with good numbers of elk. If you decide to come out, let me know. I can give you some info. Ive lived and hunted elk out here the past twenty five years. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.