need help

Shadowwalker

About to purchase a Bushnell Elite Tactical scope. Torn between the 18 or the 30 in a pro model.
Have any of you guys had real time experience with either.??????
I see the team shooters do not use the 30 but the 18 for 1000 yd stuff.
I am after Perry Dawgs at 800 with my custom 40X 6.5X 47 Lapua.

I bought a XRS II 4.5 X 30. Not much work yet due to the current situation, but so far, very pleased. It is on a trued 62' vintage Rem 700 rebarreled to 7 mm - 300 Win Mag, 1 in 8 twist.

Haven't shot either scope, but I do have a similar rifle (7-300 Wby) which requires a very snug hold. I shoot at 18X for PD's because anything more than that picks up my heartbeat....

go for as much power as you can afford....but buy quality. a used luepold would be better. 6-24x, 8-25 try to find a 30 mm tube.
I shot a 8-32x for pd's on a 223. they said why, I said watch. they don't like me! precision takes power. there is a reason 55x's are shot at 600/1000 br.
ps the rules got this forum is 1000 yards plus....not 800

If you want to run at 18x buy the 30x optic. you will have much less effect from mirage in the middle of the power range than you will if maxed out

About to purchase a Bushnell Elite Tactical scope. Torn between the 18 or the 30 in a pro model.
Have any of you guys had real time experience with either.??????
I see the team shooters do not use the 30 but the 18 for 1000 yd stuff.
I am after Perry Dawgs at 800 with my custom 40X 6.5X 47 Lapua.

I have a "new in the box" Bushnell 4.5x30 I'm looking to sell. I was formerly sold under the name Elite Tactical, but the name changed to Bushnell Tac Optics. I sent my previous scope in for repair, and it wasn't back before the start of the season. I had to replace it to be able to hunt. They ended up sending me a brand new scope. I'm willing to make a great deal. Let me know if you are interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts