Need help wrapping my pea brain around something

.gacton

I shoot F/TR matches with a .308, 600 and 1000 yards. Running a 20 MOA rail, Vortex Golden Eagle, 185 Berger Juggernaut Targets, around 2700 fps. 12.25 MOA@600, 32.5 MOA@1000, based off a 100 yard zero. To reach a target at 1760 yards, my calculations show I need just over 103 MOA. My scope has a maximum of 55 MOA elevation adjustment, some of which was used in the zero process. Not sure yet how much is remaining, as this is just a theoretical exercise on a cold evening. Reticle has 10 MOA holdover available. Now, my question; do I have enough adjustment, including reticle holdover, to be on target at 1760? I don't think so, but I've never used the reticle for this. It would seem like I would come up very short. This would strictly be for a steel target shot. NOT on an animal. Help me figure this out, please. Thanks.

Your 20 MOA rail gave you some extra room in the scope, but you are still short by at least 5 MOA to hit the mile (Probably closer to 10). Cheapest way to get there is a higher MOA rail. Good luck!

Burris XTR Signature Zee rings is something I have used with high success.

They will get you more elevation.

My setup allowed me to dial 75 MOA to go from a 700 yard "Zero" to 2080.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts