Need help with Strelok Pro

SteelBanger

Hey guys, I need to get the drop data for a primary arms gen 2 1-6x ACSS reticle for a 73 grain ELD-M coming out of the tube at 2,555. The gen 2 ACSS is the reticle with the center dot before they went to the center chevron in the gen 3. I emailed PA to see if they could send it to me (I know they used to do that at least) and they told me to use Strelok Pro since that reticle is built into it. I already use the BallisticsARC app that cost me $15 and call me cheap but I don't really want to pay $12 for the Strelok app just for this one time use ... need this data for a friends AR.

Anyone out there with Strelok Pro that would be willing to run the numbers and send me how the reticle BDC correlates to my bullet / velocity combo? I'm not sure what other info is needed, G1 is listed at .398 and G7 is .200, the scope mount height is 1.5" and if you need anything else just let me know.

Thank you in advance for any help, I'd really appreciate it!

Most of those type of reticles regardless if it's a lvpo or prism/agog requires a specific zero to make the BDC reticle true. Demitri, the guy who made that reticle built in certain math into it, to include certain error averages that some people attribute be "accurate."

Anyways, your zero is probably going to need to be either a .5 inch or 1 inch high at 100y to get the benefits of the BDC. Not much different than using a 25m or 36y battle zero with irons or red dots/holos.

Last edited:
Bullet length, twist rate, zero distance, ffp or sfp?, deg, press, humidity

I don't see that specific scope listed, so more info is needed on scope too

Is this the reticle? If so its listed as accs 5.56/.308/5.45
Screenshot_20200515-194720_Strelok Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Most of those type of reticles regardless if it's a lvpo or prism/agog requires a specific zero to make the BDC reticle true. Demitri, the guy who made that reticle built in certain math into it, to include certain error averages that some people attribute be "accurate."

Anyways, your zero is probably going to need to be either a .5 inch or 1 inch high at 100y to get the benefits of the BDC. Not much different than using a 25m or 36y battle zero with irons or red dots/holos.
Yeah I used to follow Demitri / PA on social media but haven't for a few years now after selling my PA scopes, but a buddy still has that 1-6x and I've been getting him into shooting longer range and he loves it but that scope leaves a lot to be desired past 350y. Trying to get him to upgrade the scope but for now if I can figure out that BDC for his rifle that'll be a good help.

Bullet length, twist rate, zero distance, ffp or sfp?, deg, press, humidity

I don't see that specific scope listed, so more info is needed on scope too
Bullet length - 1.046
Twist - 1:7
Zero - 100y
SFP
Temp - 60
Pressure - 29.31
Humidity - 50
Density Alt - 452

Trying to find more info on the scope. Is the original gen 1 ACSS an option? I don't think the reticle changed between gen 1 and 2.

Oh and thank you!!

Right on yeah those numbers look a little better now that it's at 6x, I didn't pay enough attention that it said 5x on that first pic.

Thank you again, you da man!!

Double checkit, i changed the image ( it defaulted to 5x) ,
Hey cohunt, I really hate to bother you again but would you mind running this one more time? It turns out I had a couple variables wrong. If it's too much trouble don't worry about it, I'm trying to get my buddy to just buy the app anyway so he can do this stuff for himself but he's into it more for just the fun of banging steel at distance and doesn't yet care enough to get into the details ... but I'm working on him.

Velocity: 2,555
Sight Height: 2.75
G7: .210
Bullet length - 1.05
Twist - 1:7
Zero - 100y
SFP
Temp - 72
Pressure - 29.1
Humidity - 60
Density Alt - 1000

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.