Need help with gun case.

Warren Barrett

Without a doubt someone carries gun cases for the extremely large 1000yd.+ rifles. I need one about 60" long. Weather proof would be nice if reasonably priced. Can anyone give me a name and phone #.
Sinclair doesn`t seem to carry them large enough for this purpose.

thanks, Warren.

I also was looking for a long case and I saw a good one at Cabelas. Then have a heavy duty aluminum case 62"X12X4 1/2. I have a older catalog and their number is 1-800-237-4444.

Check at places that cater to Black Powder cartridge shooters, they have some pretty long rifles and I've seen cases advertised.

For extremely large LR rifles say 60 or 70#??

I had to make mine out of wood and pad the inside. Problem is, they are big and heavy.

My hunting partner has his big Longrange rifle, his Barr and Stroud rangefinder and two pairs of bigeyes in one large box (like a casket) that he made for that purpose. Everything fits in it's own place and it takes two of us to get it in and out of the truck.

I have not found any commercial cases that are wide enough to put a 6" or 8" wide stock in.

Everyone I know who has large LR rifles had to make their own.

My 30" barreled 16 1/2# rifle with a 3" wide stock will fit in a 52" hard padded gun case if I take the muzzle brake off.

Darryl Cassel

Warren--
Kalispel Case Line Products of Cusick, WA makes a 62" long case that is made for a Barrett 50 cal. I have one and it is very well made. If the standard model is not deep enough, they will make any size you want. Their phone # is (800) 398-0338.
http://www.kalispelcaseline.com/
Hope this helps... Chris

Warren

I purchased a Kalispel Rifle case a few months ago. I called them and told them what I wanted 65x17x8. They said 315.00 bucks and in less than 10 days my case arrived. I even asked for extra gussets on the corners and they did it. Workmanship is wonderful. I would recommend them highly.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.