Need help mounting a Zeiss scope

Clay

I want to mount a new Zeiss Diavari VM/V 3-12x56T* with #8 Illuminated reticle 30mm scope to a Rem 700 KS Custom Shop .300 Win Mag rifle.

My problem: What rings & bases do I mount the scope in? I am willing to buy GOOD rings & bases from Badger Ordnance, Niteforce, Kelby, Jewell, etc. I have 2 sets of standard height Badger Ordnance rings with 1" inserts I picked up, but I know they won't work with the 56mm objective. I also like the Burris Signature Zee rings with live inserts. Have considered Kelby rings w/ Kelby Rem bases and heard or read that Jewell is also coming out with live center rings.

HELP!!! I want to mount this scope securely and without making ring marks on it, if possible. I have lapped Leupold & Ruger rings before and I have Sinclair & Russ Haydon ring lapping kits, so if necessary, lapping is no big deal.

All input is appreciated.

Regards,
Clay

ViewImage.dll

ViewImage.dll

I have a 3-12 VMV Zeiss scope mounted on a custom built short-action Rem. 700 in standard height Badgers on a Near base and it fits fine. Not a lot of space at the front-end but I can still put on the factory covers. I prefer to use a Scopecoat on it, much better protection than the factory lens covers.
Might be worth trying your rings, don't forget the rail style base lifts the rings up a fair bit. The Badger 20moa base should work.
I am confident that you could also use other mounts but doubt if they would be as strong.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.