Need FACTORY LOADS or a Small Custom Loader? Advice PLEASE????

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by superlite17, Nov 8, 2005.

1. superlite17

superlite17 Well-Known Member

Hi all! I have a huge problem, we are building a house and are renting until complete... and I did not make up enough ammo before packing the shop and my reload station. Bought some Remington and some other stuff that was sub-par but their top of the line. I know Black Hills used to be good but heard they were large production now. Is anyone ordering from anyone???? Any recomendations????

2. superlite17

superlite17 Well-Known Member

Read a post about CONLEY PRECISION CARTRIDGE, but reading their ballistics, they are well below Hornady's factory ballistics on the 7MM REM MAG 139 GR SST HEAVY MAG MOLY but they say that their loads are on the MAXIMUM side????

3. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

Nosler loads a couple calibers now. Its a bit pricey, but from what I have seen, it has performed quite well.

jm2c

4. kraky2

kraky2 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone from your area will chime in and do some loading for you. BUT, I sure wouldn't look to far past some of Federal's loadings. They have a huge variety and if you are looking for premium bullets they sure load 'em all. BTW--just curious why you would want a SST loading in a lightweight "fast" configuration......my experience with them even at moderate impact speed has been...."mini hand grenade".