Need Bore Cleaning Neutralizer recipe, Thank you!

Down to my last bit of Neutralizer and can not find my old recipe. Not sure it is always needed but one of those things that have been a habit and have served me well. After cleaning carbon and copper with various bore cleaners and prior to tad of Kroil and dry patches at end. I have been using a neutralizer that as I recall had Hydrogen Peroxide as an ingredient. Thanks a bunch for any recipes or tips!
I use 93% alcohol as a neutralizer

In the November 2019 issue of the American Rifleman starting on page 72 is a very good article on bore cleaning by Bryce M. Towsley. I follow that cleaning recommendation and found it works well in all by rifles. He uses acetone to clean out all the solvents. Final patch with Clenzoil.

Down to my last bit of Neutralizer and can not find my old recipe. Not sure it is always needed but one of those things that have been a habit and have served me well. After cleaning carbon and copper with various bore cleaners and prior to tad of Kroil and dry patches at end. I have been using a neutralizer that as I recall had Hydrogen Peroxide as an ingredient. Thanks a bunch for any recipes or tips!
WD 40! Use the red tube...stick it in the chamber and spray till the fog comes out the end of the barrel....wipe! Main ingredient in WD 40....is fish oil...how much more FRIENDLY can it get...have you ever seen a Rusty FISH?

It is well and good to neutralise the bore but how about the brushes.
This has been a major headache for me , how to neutralise the brushes because the solvents just keep eating away at them after I put them away, so how to neutralise the bore brushes?
BB

Buy boretech eliminator, jags and nylon brush, and their cleaning rod. All the accessories aren't non-reacting to the solvent and the solvent works great. Only other products I use are G96 CLP and ballistol.

It is well and good to neutralise the bore but how about the brushes.
This has been a major headache for me , how to neutralise the brushes because the solvents just keep eating away at them after I put them away, so how to neutralise the bore brushes?
BB
I use dish soap and water. Just swirl the brush around in a some soapy water and rinse.

I run a couple of patches of rubbing alcohol thru the bore to clean out remaining bore solvent. Followed by a dry patch, then a very lightly oiled patch (Clenzoil).

I use KG 12 copper solvent it is the best copper solvent I have used and no neutralization is needed. I run a few dry patches and then oil the bore and before I shoot it again I run a bore snake through the bore to clean out the oil. I run the bore snake after I shoot and again before I shoot and only clean it again when the accuracy drops off or I'm putting the rifle away for a while.

Recent Posts