Need advice on new rifle color scheme ?

Down Under Hunter

Hi all !

Just after some input on color schemes for a new rifle being currently put together. Cal is 338 edge Defensive edge lines.. I am thinking OD green metal and black stock work or the reverse. It is my primary hunting rifle, with rock shooting on it's days off. The rifle is a rem 700, 30 " Hart 5.6 Sendero contour ss barrel plus DE break, DE Cheekpiece, NXS scope with NF everything else, ACI, Harris S bipod, BAdger bolt knob etc. I have not seen many rifles with the OD green stock and matt black metal combo, I think it sounds cool. What are everyones thoughts ??

Cheers

Down under Hunter,

I would go with an OD green stock with all the Medal being teflone coated Matte Black. It looks really good like that.

Wildcat

Wildcat,

This is exactly what I am leaning too as well. I really need to see a good picture of one all done up to firm up my choice. I also think the black metal work would appeal to more people if ever I had to sell the rifle ? Would you leave the cheekpiece matt black or green like the stock?

If anyone on the site has one with OD stock and black metal, I'd really love to see it.

Cheers mate !

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts