Need advice for a chocolate lab

C.E.G2860

I have a chocolate lab who has a sore on her front leg around the first joint or ankle. It has a big knot on it and has several places that bleeds and sometimes has yellow stuff come out. Took her to the vet - they told me it was the same thing a cat gets and will never heal. Does any one have any advice on this or know what else I can do for her. I clean it, soak it in Epsom salt, put peroxide on it and then put an antibiotic cream on it. Don't want her to lose her foot. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Father had a short hair with simler problem went to a horse vet was given a save to put on it after a while cleared up and went away, don't know the name of what he was given but used on horses

I would not believe the vet. I suggest contacting both another vet and major university that has a vetinary school and see what they have to say.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts