Need a smooth barrel nut wrench

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by Tikkamike, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I need a smooth barrel nut Wrench. If you have one please let me know. I need it asap!

2. Tikkamike

Re: Want To Buy

Still looking

3. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

what/whose bbl are you working with?

4. Tikkamike

My own factory 116

5. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a strap wrench? I've heard of some people having success with them, just an idea if you hadn't already tried it.

The other option would be to destroy the look of your smooth one and get it off with some channel locks, and then replace it with a standard barrel nut.

6. tacticalj

tacticalj Well-Known Member

The wheeler nut wrench I got from opticsplanet came with the standard cogged wrench and a smooth barrel nut wrench as well. Probably just as well order one of those and save yourself the time of hunting for something that not many people give up. I'd be tempted to sale you mine, but as soon as I did, I'd need it or at least that's how it seems to work for me. Just FYI

7. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Use a pipe wrench to get it off. Then replace it with one of the slotted style nuts with a $25 wheeler wrench.

The only smooth wrench I've seen is sold by SSS and the cost was about equal to a Wheeler wrench and several slotted nuts.

8. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

I use the ridgid brand strap wrench for mine, just sprikle with a little rosin and it works.