need a review on the target camcorders out there

NDAR15MAN

can i get a few reviews on these target camcorders out there on the market. you set them up next to your target and and you can see the results on a screen back at your shooting bench. was wondering if they work out to 1000 yards and which is the best one on the market. thanks. marty

I read the same reviews about "Target Cam" on the "Hide". There are several people building their own wireless cam systems. I just received my last AV cable to build my own system.

My build consists of two 2.4G Yagi antenna's, 2.4G transmitter/receiver, 10" lcd TV and Sony Handycam. I hope to get 2,500 yards with this setup.

I already had the Sony and batteries needed to supply power. Everything else was under $250.00 to get this up and running.

SHRTSHART. Thanks for the info. when you get yours set up give it some thought of making me one. good way to make a little extra money. thanks. Marty 701-412-1395

Marty,

Not looking for extra money but when I get a chance, I will call you and get you links for all the hardware needed. So simple, even I can do it :).

The hard part of building your own system is finding the right transmitter/receiver. Does anyone have any good web sites, model numbers, and prices they could share with us?

i bought my stuff off eBay just get a transmitter/receiver that is way strong than you think you need. the hard part was finding a way to record it but i found a program thing that i can hook up to my laptop and it records it so i can replay it. i use this set up for videoing hunts at my feeders. i get video from the angle of the shooter and a close up as the animal gets nailed pretty cool mine also does sound which is cool

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.