need a muzzle brake for my 300wm

my82cam

Well, the time has finally come! I am sending my brand new 700SS 300wm to the gunsmith to be squared and have a new barrel installed! I haven't even fired it yet, I decided there was no point in doing load development on a rifle I knew was going to be sent out and cut up. so, now I am looking for a muzzle brake, I have been looking at them on youtube and have seen a few good ones, but what do you guys use, what works well in the field and at the range. I was thinking about having my smith make a thread protector, so, I could remove it if desired. The thread protector should match the barrel, so, when installed, you can't tell it unscrews. Thanks guys

I'm not a big fan of the radial type (holes all round like the vais), recommend the baffle type (side/top discharge holes and none on the bottom). There are lots of effective muzzle brakes out there, Jim See's muscle brake, Kirby Allen's painkiller, Darrell Holland's QD (esp. the new design) just to name a few. BTW, they are all site sponsors ... sorry I'm sure there are other site sponsors I am missing.

I had Joe Starnes of LongShot Rifles from Conrad, MT install his custom muzzle brake on my SAKOM995 in .300 Win Mag a few years ago. If IIRC, it cost me $210 with the cap and removal tool. Felt recoil is comparable to that of .243 depending on load.

P8220219_zps03997467.jpg

P5170371.jpg

P2171589_zpsea6bb493.jpg

(Cap was off the same material as the muzzle brake).

Sorry about the quality and sizes of the pictures. Hope this helps.

Ed

I have 2 sizes in stock very effective and light wieght, either size would tame a 300WM

The picture is a #7 brux with a 1" brake you can blend back to the barrel any way you prefer.
Have a rifle picture on thread "New 6.5 Idea" with a 1" on a Proof Research Barrel also check out my web site for more pictures.

150.00+ 5.00 shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 179
I will probably give you guys a call monday or tuesday. I am ordering my barrel tuesday and it will probably take 14 weeks for it to come in, so, I have time before the actually build

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.