• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Need a modified .260 rem case Please Help

Remmy700

Need to borrow or buy a .260 rem modified case for hornady OAL gauge. I can not find one anywhere. I can just borrow one for one day if someone has one they don't want to sell. Any help would be appreciated.

I have made several of them for my self and friends over the last few years and have a few tips. First thing to note is they use a special 5/16-36 thread. If you decide to tap it you will most likely have to order the tap. Use an "L" drill for the minor diameter. If you have access to a lathe I suppose you could single point cut it. The last thing you have to do is hone/polish out the neck for a nice bullet slip fit if you use a case that's been sized. Good luck

Brad

Yeah was going to try and find someone with a lathe. I know with a lathe should be pretty simple but without one difficulty level definetly goes up. Hopefully someone will have an extra here.

First...looked into the lathe option, but it may be difficult as Hornady takes a special sizer and sizes the I.D. to .001 or .002 more than the bullet diameter so that the bullet will slide through there.

I don't know if you have a Sportsman's warehouse nearby, but I just found the 7-08 mod. case there, for a decent price and they had quite a few calibers on hand.