Nebraska Whitetail

I have been hunting Nebraska for about 10 years and I have enjoyed every year. This year was another great year for Nebraska whitetails. I hunt on private land with my son and some of my friends.

Here is a picture of my son's Nebraska whitetail taken with a 280 Rem out of a Ruger Mark II shooting Nosler Accubonds. It was shot as you can see over a corn field at about 130 yards. One shot kill and the Accubond was not recovered.

We saw some more bucks that were as large or larger at a distance that we were unable to get a good shot. So we did leave some great deer for next year.

Gus, congratulation on a fine deer and a great shot!

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 98
I have been hunting Nebraska for about 10 years and I have enjoyed every year. This year was another great year for Nebraska whitetails. I hunt on private land with my son and some of my friends.

Here is a picture of my son's Nebraska whitetail taken with a 280 Rem out of a Ruger Mark II shooting Nosler Accubonds. It was shot as you can see over a corn field at about 130 yards. One shot kill and the Accubond was not recovered.

We saw some more bucks that were as large or larger at a distance that we were unable to get a good shot. So we did leave some great deer for next year.

Gus, congratulation on a fine deer and a great shot!

Nice buck & thanks!

My buddy took a nice buck @ 170 yds opening morning with the exact same gun / combo as your son. He said that buck didn't know what hit him.

What part of the state do you hunt?

You were pretty much straight south of me,, and not by much. There are some big deer down that way, especially if you can get along the Republican River, but you may be a little further south of that.

For the last few years we have seen very few mulies. It was different this year. We saw a couple of small bucks and one very large one at 800 yards. It looks as if the mulies are coming back in this area.

That's good. I'd like to see them make a come back.

I've gone out to McCook to hunt with my BIL the last couple of years and the mulie population seems to be in pretty good shape out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.