My Son shot a big NC Boar Pics Added

is that a Pulsar Thermion scope? Mine freezes too. Very annoying, but any competent shooter can recognize this and react accordingly.

I need to see pics of this pig!
It is. You can turn the feature off. It's automatic/calibration or something like that. I'll probably turn it off also.

Last edited:
Nice boar
What are the details of your night vision and rifle setup used?
I filmed it with a Thermion Duo DXP 50. I didn't shoot, which is why there is no recoil in the video. Son shot it with a RRA X1 .308 with a 178 grain sniper ammo I bought in bulk a while back. That rifle has a AGM TS35-384 Rattler on it.

IMG_7239.jpg
IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

Last edited:
We were both surprised at the size of him. We've shot 43 hogs in this area and he is easily the biggest one by far. Thank goodness for a winch or we may have cleaned him where he laid. We are about to test the old boar don't eat good theory.
Nice boar. If he stinks the only thing he's good for is sausage. I processed boars that didn't stink and they were fine, but one stunk bad and was un-eatable except for sausage. Neighbor said she was a farm girl and knew how to cook it. She threw it all away.

Wow hogzilla, well done, I used to have a couple of spots here in California, didn't always bring one home but almost always had opportunities if one wasn't picky, some of the big boars were surprisingly tender, when one was harvested that was questionable, some would go into sausage, but the rest I would chunk out and crockpot it in ginger ale or lemonade, drain it off and Shred it, back into the pot with a good BBQ sauce for shredded BBQ pork sandwiches, never got a complaint

Nice boar. If he stinks the only thing he's good for is sausage. I processed boars that didn't stink and they were fine, but one stunk bad and was un-eatable except for sausage. Neighbor said she was a farm girl and knew how to cook it. She threw it all away.
He smelled like a pig, but wasn't rank. I think my Son is going to smoke a shoulder today.

Recent Posts