my new toy

vegas steve

finally got around to finishing this one and she is a shooter. trued and bluprinted lefty remm long action,sako extractor,jewel trigger set a 8oz.,egw 20 moa rail,cdi bottom metal,a.i.mags,criterion supermatch bull contour chambered in 7 rem mag,russ schuller three port brake,choate tactical stock fully bedded,adjustable butplate system,sinclair tactical bipod and level.topped with a leupold vx3 long range 8.5x25x50.very first handoad went 3/8 moa @ 300yds prone.

Attachments

• DSC02004.jpg
    DSC02004.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02005.jpg
    DSC02005.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02006.jpg
    DSC02006.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02007.jpg
    DSC02007.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 104
How much does it weigh? Whats the recoil like? I like the overall look of the rifle. I have never seen a bipod like that.

this rig weighs in at just under 18 lbs with bipod. yes the pod is a sinclair tactical.works fantastic and worth every penny.the schuller three port does a great job reducing recoil.my 162 loads are fairly hot and the gun feels like a .22-250 with the brake on.been shooting mostly rl22 but i'm gonna load up some rounds with retumbo here soon and see how that does.so far the rig has met all my expectations.

Wow...a 7mm RM with that kind of recoil? Also, 18lbs behind it helps a lot. What kind of distances are you testing at? How far do you want to stretch it?

she's zeroed at 300 yds and so far shooting very well at a grand.havent stretched out out past a thousand yet but it's comming soon. i was able to center punch a 3"x4" plate 4 out of 4 times at 700 laying prone,something that i was never able to do with my other guns.the 7mm rem mag has alot of potential as a distance cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.