My new RBros 6.5 Creedmoor

Cascade_Sherpa

Well, I feel like a proud new parent and I just had to post pics of my brand new RBros custom 6.5 Creedmoor.

This project started last October and I can't say enough about how patient Travis was over many, many emails and phone calls in order to answer questions and offer valuable opinions while we spec'd the project. When Travis emailed me some finished pics of the rifle I was ecstatic to say the least....I took the rest of the day off work and drove (5 hours battling traffic) down to his shop in Elma WA, to pick the new rifle up.

I couldn't be happier with the how the rifle turned out, so many thanks to Travis Redell and plan on calling him up as soon as I can save up for another build.

005_zps1b3ee083.jpg

006_zps12b8723a.jpg

IMG_1310_zpsebe16a16.jpg

IMG_1305_zps18561480.jpg

IMG_1297_zps8c22e796.jpg

Sorry I forgot to post the rifle spec's in the first post, here is what Travis and I agreed on for the build components:

6.5 Creedmoor

R Bros Rogue Action, Hunter Port
20 MOA Alum Rail
Broughton #5.5 Contour, 5/16" fluting, 1-8 Twist, 26" finish
Manners T2 Stock, 90% shell, 3 studs, 13.5" LOP
Seekins DBM Bottom Metal w/5 round mag
Jewell Trigger
DE 3 Port Brake
OD GunKote finish w/black flutes and accents
Woodland Digicam stock paint

I hope to have a range report posted soon but with all this gorgeous weather we've been having in Western WA, my wife has been cracking the whip on me to get all of the projects that accumulated over the winter completed or at least started.....

I've become an Indentured Slave working for my freedom at my own house!

Thanks for looking.

John

Good lookin' rig. You will love the 6.5mm bullets.

What's your intended use? with the detachable mag it leads me to believe it might be a tactical competition rifle.

Thanks for the compliments guys! The primary use for this rifle will be long range hunting and shooting....I had Travis build the rifle with its intended use as a hunting weight rifle but with a little bit of tactical DNA in it as well. Some day I'd like to shoot a precision rifle comp......someday.

I finally made it to the range to finish the barrel break-in that Travis recommended and then shoot some groups to prep for my Montana trip this weekend.

Here's how the last three groups turned out after I got an old beat up Leupy Mark 4 mounted and on paper....

IMG_20130623_142210_264_zps65fe4266.jpg

IMG_20130623_151827_621_zps6ab5f11d.jpg

IMG_20130623_152059_729_zps9792df7c.jpg

Needless to say I'm happy with the way it groups and I'm confident it will put the hurt on some prairie dogs this weekend.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts