My new build finally started.

The Creedmore and 260 guys seem to knock the 6.5X47, not sure why. I just finished building another X47 carry gun. Will finish at 8 lbs complete with a 5-25X52 Z5 BT. Just waiting to get my stock back from Hydro Dipping. Went with the new KUIU VERDE 2.0. I am amazed every time I shoot my 6.5X47. That is a lot of performance out of a small case!

I'm a Creedmoor and a .260 (I own, shoot and hunt with both) guy and I'm not ever going to knock a 47L! In fact, I was considering building one on my current build but opted for another Creedmoor for 2 reasons: Lapua is making the Creedmoor brass with the small primer and flash hole their 47L brass has AND there's some great factory ammo available for the Creedmoor. My initial testing with the new brass has been extremely promising but, if this build doesn't turn out as accurate as I would expect from a 47L, I'll be swapping it over at some point. ......and I'm a Creed/.260 guy! Lol!

Glad to hear it. So you are developing a load with the new Lapua brass? Are you able to get a lot more speed with it having the small primer? I think this new Lapua brass is going to be the best thing that has happened to the Creed.

Glad to hear it. So you are developing a load with the new Lapua brass? Are you able to get a lot more speed with it having the small primer? I think this new Lapua brass is going to be the best thing that has happened to the Creed.

I'm finding that I'm getting velocities with about 1.5gr less powder than my large primer loads and book velocities are achieved with less powder than the recipe calls for. So, you'll want to start lower than usual. I haven't had much time to load lately but the last load I shot was 42gr of H4350 behind a 140gr Nosler Ballistic Tip and I was getting 2809fps out of my 24" barrel - Savage 10/110 Predator Hunter. I got my very first SLIGHTEST pressure sign but it looked like I was hitting a node and I think I can get in there before I get a really "hot" load. I'm about 105fps faster than I was with 42gr in my Nosler brass.

FWIW- I shot my best 3-shot group ever with this rifle during this initial round of charge weight development - .18" at around 2650fps. I knew this rifle was a shooter but it's turning out to be much better than I suspected. Pretty pleased for a sub $1k factory rifle with ZERO modifications! I'm really hoping I can get into a similar node in the 2800's.

That is good performance with a factory rifle. I also use H4350, but I shoot 130 Bergers. Drive them 3000 fps out of a 26" Broughton, Defiance action. 42.2 gr gets me there. I should try 140's sometime just to see how they shoot. After R Bros built the rifle they supplied me a dummy round and a load and I have never switched from it. Shoots awesome. Enough high jacking sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.