My mid range rifle I hope.

joseph

I had EGW make a 20 MOA Picatinny rail for my Browning BAR Safari 30-06. I put my Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope with its Vortex custom turret on it. The custom turret is calibrated for my 6mm Norma BR and according to the JBM program the 150 gr. 30-06 has the same trajectory as my 6mm except it is about 2 inches lower at all the ranges.

The next time I get out to the club I will find out how close it is out to 400 yds.

Well here is what it looks like. The objective does not touch the barrel even with the Butler Creek pop offs on. If the custom turret is close enough and the rifle will shoot MOA out to 400 yds. I'll take it with me to Wyoming next fall.

Here is the finished rifle with a Cane stock sock.

joseph

Attachments

• BAR : 20 MOA 1.JPG
    BAR : 20 MOA 1.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 297
  • BAR : 20 MOA 2.JPG
    BAR : 20 MOA 2.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Shooting Remington Core-lokt 150 gr. so far. I still have to see how it will shoot with the custom turret before I do any load development. The trigger sucks right now, but if it shoots good enough I'll have someone do a trigger job on it.

joseph

Well I sincerely hope the rig will perform up to par for you. I would definitely remove the stock sock however. It's in contact with the barrel and particularly with a light sporter weight barrel like yours you want nothing in contact with it.

Post up some targets when you get a chance to shoot it!

Well I sincerely hope the rig will perform up to par for you. I would definitely remove the stock sock however. It's in contact with the barrel and particularly with a light sporter weight barrel like yours you want nothing in contact with it.

Post up some targets when you get a chance to shoot it!

Thanks for the tip. I'll take your advice.

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.