My Longest First Round Cold Bore Hit to Date

Awesome shooting!!! Man what we wouldn't give for wide open spaces like that to shoot here in the SE.

Excellent shooting there Broz-outstanding!
I can tell you have done your homework.
I am not at your level.
I hope to get that consistent with my 338AX center-grip XP-100.
I received 250 of the Bergers recently but have been tied up with other projects.
Again, great shooting and congratulations!!!

Thanks Ernie, Let me know how the hybrids do for you, a 300 gr Berger would be awesome out of one of your guns.

Jeff

Great shooting Broz for sure, I wish we had that kind of place! Paris is close when it's dry, but the bottom is still so muddy you usually can't see impacts.

I'm glad to see how nicely that gun is lasting, you have to have a lot of rounds through it by now!

As far as someone who has actually seen bad results upon shooting the Bergers, I am one. In my gun they are going about 3050 fps with Retumbo, and groups are about 1 moa, while SMKs are usually 1/2 moa, and less if I don't blow a wind call.

I did not try the Bergers are reduced velocity, I feel that would have helped though. They are a mean looking bullet, and consistant, but I can confidentally say it wasn't anything I did wrong in shooting them, compared to the results I get with a 300 SMK in a side by side comparison.

Tyler, did you ever shoot any drops at range to see if you we're loosing BC due to nose slump? How much did you tinker with the load, just curious as I'm going to build a 338 something to launch the Bergers but have yet to decide what chamber.

Great shooting Broz !

I do a lot of brainstorming for ways to improve my CBS -hoping my 280AI will get me to a consistent 750yds.
Anything over a 1000yds consistently is spectacular....

I'm glad to see how nicely that gun is lasting, you have to have a lot of rounds through it by now!

As far as someone who has actually seen bad results upon shooting the Bergers, I am one. In my gun they are going about 3050 fps with Retumbo, and groups are about 1 moa, while SMKs are usually 1/2 moa, and less if I don't blow a wind call.

I did not try the Bergers are reduced velocity, I feel that would have helped though. They are a mean looking bullet, and consistant, but I can confidentally say it wasn't anything I did wrong in shooting them, compared to the results I get with a 300 SMK in a side by side comparison.

Thanks Tyler, Yes, my rifle is still shooting well. Even better with the Bergers and I am approching 900 down the pipe.

So how many have you shot? How far have you shot them? What is your twist? Last I knew you were shooting in bad mirage and just starting load development. Seems to me if it was "nose Slump" or deforming from your velocity it would shoot way worse than 1 moa. Just currious as it would be nice to put some kind of limit on these.

Thanks for your input.
Jeff

I didn't shoot very many more Broz. I had several more (10?) loaded up, and shot them to 550 yards only. At that range, they had the same vertical POI as the SMK (roughly), but groups were pretty rough, hitting pretty wildly.

The rest I didn't have loaded I gave to another guy to get replacements for, as I didn't have enough left to warrant doing it myself.

Broz, that is AWESOME!

No need to feel ackward; I'm very glad you shared.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.