My first deer

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by kirbymcrae, Oct 23, 2010.

1. kirbymcrae

kirbymcrae Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Nice way to start! We need a little more details than that though :D

3. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

Way to go Kirby! If I scroll down from your picture it looks like your either planning on packing it out on a homemade go-cart or with a combine.

Congrats on your first deer. Let's here some of the story.

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats!

5. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny...

Nice going Kirby, you've already one uped me as all I've shot is whitetails.

6. kirbymcrae

kirbymcrae Member

Well my uncle, grandpa, and I all went hunting during the Montana resident youth season this year. We hunted, and chased, all of the whitetails in the river bottom out. After we got back to the truck at about 9:00 A.M. we went across the road to a BMA (Block Management Area, the best landowner system in the world) where we parked the truck and walked down an old 2 track road. About 200 yards down the road we saw a buck and a doe. They did their little bound away from people thing, but then they stopped and continued walking. I went prone, waiting for them to come out in to the clearing. When they did the doe started bounding again, but the buck kept walking. I then shot a 318 yard shot with my pre '64 Model 70 in .243. Hit him right in the heart, lungs, and then the shot broke his shoulder in pieces where the bullet stopped. We then had a 400 yard downhill drag back to the truck.http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif