My 7 Prc is really growing on me !

Trm82

Now that I have the ADG brass for my 7 PRC I'm really taking a liking to it. It shot good with the hornady brass but that disgusting stuff made me not love the gun.
My load with the ADG is identical which is a plus and I shot this three shot group today and 1035 yards.
I'd still take my 7 saum over it but it's growing on me 😄
6BA4A0B5-A415-4C6A-9F59-49FE6043932F.jpeg

Last edited:
What load are you running? Curious about your Saum over the PRC thoughts.

I to am noticing that the adg brass is bringing out the better part of my 7prc velocity wise, still blowing it out on its first firing so not pushing it to hard

What load are you running? Curious about your Saum over the PRC thoughts.
My load is 66.5 gr RL 26 with 175 elite and a 215 m. So with the new brass It's 2945 fps and once fired it's 2970 fps.

I just love how the saum does pretty much the same speed with 5 gr less powder
I shoot the 175 elites in it as well.

I can't wait for the Peterson brass backorder. The wife's is running the 175 Berger at 3030 with h1000. I despise Hornady brass.
I hated the hornady brass so much I was debating on getting rid of the rifle and then I had a voicemail on my phone when I got back into Canada from visiting Montana in August and I had forgot that I went on a list to get some ADG brass and it showed up.
So I have 5 boxes of ADG and I'm glad I didn't sell gun now haha.
That's one thing I am short of and that is patients.

Lucky for me we are getting ready to leave for an antelope hunt. My main rifle went down today so taking my back up and the wife's 7 prc as a backup to mine. Hopefully when we come back it will be here. Factory 180 ammo is doing a blistering 2826 average. Far fetched from the 2975 on the box.
Now you got be fired up !!
I frigging pulled bullets on 19 of the 175 eldx ammo and had a 1.5 gr difference between them which would explain the the 50-70 fps ES I was getting at 2820 fps when they claim 3000 fps on box and one loading after firing the factory load the primer pockets where so loose I couldn't tell if I seated a primer into the case.

Now you got be fired up !!
I frigging pulled bullets on 19 of the 175 eldx ammo and had a 1.5 gr difference between them which would explain the the 50-70 fps ES I was getting at 2820 fps when they claim 3000 fps on box and one loading after firing the factory load the primer pockets where so loose I couldn't tell if I seated a primer into the case.
Yeah I'm not overly happy but it's what I expect from hornday. If you call them and ask they are under Sami pressures and it's your barrel or every gun is different. Well why on your pod cast do they portray that the 7 prc or any match ammo is so consistent? I'm more bummed about my March scope taking a dump a week and a half before I leave. I have other scopes but I don't have time to go zero a new one. I was really looking forward to seeing what a 190 atip did

Yeah I'm not overly happy but it's what I expect from hornday. If you call them and ask they are under Sami pressures and it's your barrel or every gun is different. Well why on your pod cast do they portray that the 7 prc or any match ammo is so consistent? I'm more bummed about my March scope taking a dump a week and a half before I leave. I have other scopes but I don't have time to go zero a new one. I was really looking forward to seeing what a 190 atip did

What happened to your March scope?

That sucks about your scope dang it !
190 atips would be interesting but I refuse to give boot licking Hornady another cent

Where and what are you going hunting for ?

Back home to Colorado for antelope. Finally drew a buck tag. Along with being able to afford a buck tag.when I lived there couldn't draw one hunted wyoming buying a buck tag was selfish as I could buy 3 doe tags for less than a buck tag so that's what we did. More tags equals more meat. Now we are in a different place in life. Enjoying things in the moment that's for sure