Muzzle brake test

J E Custom

I finally got the muzzle brake test posted on youtube for anyone that is interested.

We covered lots of ground but tried to keep it short and will post more in a week or two.

These test were intended to explain some of the pros and cons of different styles.

No references to other brands was made just some of the different styles.

Enjoy

J E CUSTOM

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Lot's of test and information rolled together in the video. Thank you for all the hard work in putting this video together and sharing it with us.

I love that tuned assassin ... I think that's going to be a hit! gun)

I really like your test set but please take this as a constructive comment, it would be nice to see or measure reduction of muzzle rise too. IMHO, if anyone can do all these tests, it's going to be you and your team. It might be just a simple modification from you braniacs.

Good luck and thanks again for sharing.

V/R

Ed

WOW! Lot's of test and information rolled together in the video. Thank you for all the hard work in putting this video together and sharing it with us.

I love that tuned assassin ... I think that's going to be a hit! gun)

I really like your test set but please take this as a constructive comment, it would be nice to see or measure reduction of muzzle rise too. IMHO, if anyone can do all these tests, it's going to be you and your team. It might be just a simple modification from you braniacs.

Good luck and thanks again for sharing.

V/R

Ed

It has been an eye opener for sure. There were so many absolutes that I had to wade through
to understand the real workings of a brake and correct them.

On the issue of muzzle control I did lots of testing on this problem and was hesitant to show them
because of what I found out. I didn,t want to step on anyones toes, but may end up showing them
in spite of the controversy that will follow. My intentions are to show test that are far and impartial
even at the expense of making my brake look worse than others.

The test information is for everyone to use and choose the type of brake that best suites there needs.

The tuned brake is also re writing the rules and I will be looking at some other areas once
I totally understand the theory and its applications.

Besides we are all having fun.

J E CUSTOM

I would also love to see a test using a 7mm or 300 mag with and without the different style of brakes as well. Well done video!

We intend to do more test with progressively larger cartridges but we have to work up to some of the harder recoiling cartridges to prevent damage to the recoil tester when firing without muzzle brakes.

We should be able to go to around 100 ft/lbs without damage and if necessary go to 130 ft/lbs Max

As we all know 80 ft/lbs + is a rough neighborhood.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts