Mule Deer on the Wrong Side of the Road!

Eaglet

Just sharing a couple of pictures taken with my Nikon Coolpix 8800 with you all. My hunting buddy got a mule deer muzzle loader tag in Nevada. He had to put up with my whining because I hate muzzle loaders. We were driving down this road and his tag was for the left side of the road, guess what was on the right side of the road? Big 4x4 heavy body @ 458 Yards away and I figure around 320 pounds... big boy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
dqps89.jpg

dqpsao.jpg

Look at the left of the arrow where there is none green sage brush, that's where they're bedding, in private property...Man!

Nice pics Eaglet!! Need another son for the season??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have always wanted to take a mulie!
Good luck with his hunts and yours this season!!

7RUMloader, Thanks.
Just don't bring a Muzzle Loader!!!
Bring your 270 Allen Mag!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Are you still working tons of over time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Great pics Eaglet. Looks like home!
I can't count how many times I've been in Nevada and seen a little herd of bucks out in some alfalfa field with at least several nice ones in there. Maybe this year we will get to dump one of those nice Nevada mulies on Uncle B's hunt in the Arc Dome Wilderness area coming up in a few weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You don't have to worry about me bringing a muzzle loader! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Or a bow for that matter! I had a bad experience with both and since left them alone.
My 270 AM should be on my doorstep around the time NC deer season starts on OCT 15! Hint Hint Kirby!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The only problem will be finding a place to realy stretch it out on game once I get it up to full tilt loads.
No they cut me back a little last month! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif The way I figure they will wait until deer season and then tell me that they need me to work all I can! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Typical of the company I work for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GoodGrouper,
Thanks, I wish you and uncle B the best. I hope you guys get a big one. Don't forget to bring my phone number with you just in case, you never know when you might need it being here in Nevada. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you don't have it I'm sending you an e-mail.

7RUMloader,
Get a tag for Nevada you won't have that problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Years ago my son Marlon shot a 3x3 mule deer at 342 yards, 2 years later he said to me:"Dad, I want to shoot one at a longer distance" I said:"What if he's a 300 yards?" He said: "I'll walk away from the deer before I shoot". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I couldn't argue with him, I think that can be done in Nevada! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif... maybe not always... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.