Mueller Tactical 8-32X44 Scope

RetiredSniper

Has anyone had any experience using the Mueller Tactical 8-32X44 30mm tube scope? I just received one and was thinking of mounting it on my Savage Axis 223. It is a mil dot recital scope and I am wondering if it will perform well with a 223. I do not have any experience with the Mueller brand plus I have not heard much about it. Right now I have a Simmons 44 Magnum 6-21X44 on the Savage Axis 223. It shoots well at 100&200 yards.

I have a Mueller 8-32x44, 30mm scope, fine cross hairs/1/8 moa dot, mounted on my 223 Rem XR-100. Have taken a lot of sage rats with this scope/rifle combination out to 400 yds. plus. A good scope for the money. Turret adjustments could be more crisp though.

Thank you very much! I was looking for a more powerful scope so I could have a bit of a closer view out past 200 yards and a friend offered me this one. It is slightly used but as new in box with all the paperwork. Also sun shade and flip open lens covers. I tried it on with some medium high 30mm rings and it sat too high from the barrel for me. So I am waiting for some low profile rings I ordered to come in. This week I hope. That will bring it down closer to the barrel.
I greatly appreciated your response as that tells me the scope will work well out to 400 yards or so.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.