MtnMagic

MtnMagic

I am a Colorado Native. I have been an active outdoorsman my entire life. I have spent a considerable amount of time in my younger days as a shotguner. I have been involved in waterfowl and upland hunting, shooting trap and sporting clays, along with dog training for many years. In the 90's I was exposed to muzzleloader,and archery hunting and have been involved in it ever since. I have enjoyed both experiences immensely.

I have been diligently applying for preference points for Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Moose, Elk, Deer, and Antelope for many years. It is now time to cash in those preference points and go hunting with something other than my muzzleloader. I would like the ability to take game at considerably longer ranges than what the muzzleloader is capable of when all those preference points are used.

I have recently purchased a Remington 700 5R Mil-spec chambered in 300 win. Mag. I have installed a seekins 20 moa one piece rail, seekins low rings, and a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 mil-mil scope. I haven't decided on a bi-pod or sling yet but those will come soon.

Well that is a brief summary to date. I have been studying discussions and articles via the internt mostly here and some others, and this forum/site is the best I've seen by far.

Thanks to all the folks and the great information posted here.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.