Moving to Gillette & general update

If you also like to bow hunt then you might go talk to the owners of Bell Knob Golf Course. I've heard that they let bow hunters hunt on the course are there are a few good goats there.

SM,
thanks for the information. I do have a bow although I do not use it much.
But it will be a consideration.

There is a lot of National Grassland north of town by Weston where you can get a lot of long range practice in. There is also Grasslands south of town by Wright. Other than that, there is mostly private land. The local gun range seems to only cater to the trap shooters. The trap range is top notch, but the rifle range was very poor last time I went. Targets and backstops all shot up, lots of weeds and garbage around. There are only 2 places to get decent reloading components, but they are way expensive. Most people go to Rapid, Casper, or Billings to do their shopping. I have lived in Casper for over 20 years and have been in Gillette for about 7. My wife is a Gillette lifer for the most part.

Ernie,
Have you heard from Leigh, he lives in Gillette. We met with Leigh and his wife for lunch on the way home from Casper last year.
See you in Sept.

Mike

Ernie,
Have you heard from Leigh, he lives in Gillette. We met with Leigh and his wife for lunch on the way home from Casper last year.
See you in Sept.

Mike

Mike,
If you know Leigh's last name email it to me and I will look him up and give him a call.

Sendero Man:

Buffalo, Wyoming. My favorite spot on earth! I wish I could move there but housing is too expensive. We usually stay at the Arrowhead motel.

Tom

Welcome to Gillette. I just moved here from SD a few months ago. Retired from the military and headed west. Brought my Dad along (he's 87) and my granddaughter (5). Haven't met too many people here yet. Maybe I'll see you around sometime. We live in Antelope Valley.

Robsev,
Welcome to Gillette, and to LRH!
I am near 4-J and the interstate.
Give me a call 257-7431.
I would be glad to visit.
Ernie

Welcome to Gillette. I just moved here from SD a few months ago. Retired from the military and headed west. Brought my Dad along (he's 87) and my granddaughter (5). Haven't met too many people here yet. Maybe I'll see you around sometime. We live in Antelope Valley.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.