Moving targets

Aussie_hunter

I'm always making my own shooting targets but lately I've been wanting to make a moving target and most of the ideas don't really work ( the target only moves temporarily ) or I have to have another person with me. So if someone has made a moving target or has some ideas I would like to hear them. I'm happy with any speed the target can go slow or fast it doesn't matter

I'm always making my own shooting targets but lately I've been wanting to make a moving target and most of the ideas don't really work ( the target only moves temporarily ) or I have to have another person with me. So if someone has made a moving target or has some ideas I would like to hear them. I'm happy with any speed the target can go slow or fast it doesn't matter

I have seen and used several moving targets and the best one was a cable/wire that was spaced apart between two dryer pulleys and driven by a 12 volt DC motor and battery.

The target was suspended from the cable and printed on both sides. It ran continuous and at any speed you wanted.

I also saw one that had 3 pulleys, that gave you a quartering too and away shot plus a side shot.

The simplest one was set up like a zip line and after being pulled up the cable was released by a pull rope from the shooting station. (Very simple but having help was always the best idea).

Hope this helps.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.