Mounting with a 20MOA rail help please

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 1denogean, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 1denogean

1denogean Well-Known Member

I am wanting to mount a 20 MOA rail to my 7mm using a vortex viper 6.5-20x44 scope, what size rings do you guys recommend? so i dont have to buy twice. also if theres any good 20 moa rails which ones? once i get this i am gonna finish accurizing my rifle (remington 700) just wanted some help.

Thanks

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Ring Height will vary with brand of rings and rails. If you go with a quality set up you will not regret it. It does make a difference!! I recommend using Nightforce rails and rings on a 700 Rem. The ring height you need for that Viper are the .885's (lows)

Jeff

3. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I too, will recommend NightForce equipment as well as Badger Ordnance & Murphy Precision; not in any sort of order as they are all top tier manufacturers.

I cannot stress enough, the importance of what Broz said. Buy quality components, the initial cost will be more but they will last the duration. I personally feel that in the rings & bases department, you get what you pay for.

t

4. DREBS

DREBS Active Member

5. DREBS

DREBS Active Member

^^ and excellent rails going up to 30 Moa

6. 1denogean

1denogean Well-Known Member

thanks for the help guys am looking at murphys right now

7. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I think you will be very happy with Murphy. The last two Pic rails I ordered were custom made Murphy's for my Stiller Short actions (2). Cam is a great guy to deal with & his products are second to no one.

t