Mountain rifle

It was an epiphany for me. And - I knew I could trust Jason @ WASA Outfitters. Known him a long time and he and Justin ( one of his guides) are constantly playing with calibers and Justin's dad is one helluva ballistician. I saved the bullet and am trying to find it to show how it un-furled into petals like a Black Talon.

It was an epiphany for me. And - I knew I could trust Jason @ WASA Outfitters. Known him a long time and he and Justin ( one of his guides) are constantly playing with calibers and Justin's dad is one helluva ballistician. I saved the bullet and am trying to find it to show how it un-furled into petals like a Black Talon.
Was the 147 eldm shot from a 6.5 prc or 6.5 CM?

I am very new to long range shooting and am looking at building a mountain rifle for an elk hunt in the future. Everyone on here seems to know a lot and have good advice.
So to start out with I am left handed so that already is hard enough to find a rifle, I already have a tikka t3 .308 with an oryx chasis, shilien 1-10 heavy barrel shooting 175 grain nosler custom competition BTHP factory loads and I really like tikka actions so I kinda thought about getting a left hand tikka in a 300 WM and maybe one day when I get into reloading I might rebarrel it to a 7mm prc when things are more available, I also thought about just getting a CA ridgeline in 300wm. Does anyone on here have any other ideas? My budget is probably around $2000 for the rifle and that would bet me a tikka with a good stock and barrel I think but I'm open to ideas.
Welcome from NW Pennsylvania.
You may want to look at Euro Optic's and look at the LH Christensen Arms Ridgeline.
Euro Optics has some good sales going on right now. Good Luck!!!

Recent Posts