Model 700 Custom KS Mountain Rifle

I went down to the Outdoor World to have a look at some of these rifles up close & personel. I have been reading good things about Savage, and i do have an old 99, but boy in my opinion they really need to improve the looks of these rifles.
I know it shouldn't matter, but I would be lying if I said a guns looks doesn't matter to me. Holding one of the Savages I really wasn't sure if the stock was wood or plasitc. The Win 70 is just as nice as the CDL, and if the Winchester had half the following the 700 did I would buy it no problem. Yeilding to advice of people in the know, I just think a Win might be a mistake.

Well, I'll just hunt the old 99 until something comes along, maybe I'll stumble across a used Rem LH. Even though remington has such a good reputation, all the dead ends I'm hitting is really starting to sour me.
I guess I shouldn't take it personally, but damit us lefties have feelings too! I hate being written off as insignificant.

Winchester and savage seem to be a lot more Lefty friendly, I'll start looking at the Tikka.

Look, everybody has their favorites, that's human nature.

Me too. It's Remington, all the way. There are a number of reasons, all valid.

Yeah, Sako makes nice $ guns. Speaking of nice looking, a Ruger looks good, but they generally cannot shoot along side a Remington.

Savage makes an ugly rifle. It wasn't always that way. Don't know what ever happened to the Model 110, but it was available in a left hand model, years ago, and it was a nice looking gun.

Winchester? Since 1964. They have made progress, I admit that, but I still hold a grudge. I do not own a Winchester.

If a left hand bolt is your main consideration, I think that Weatherby makes them?

There are several bench rest actions that can be ordered in a left hand action. May be too exotic for a greenhorn, don't know?

Hard to lose with a Remington 700.

Good hunting. LB

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.