Most effective muzzle brake?

helidriver72

If this has already been discussed my apologies, anyway here's the scoop. I've got a .338 edge shooting the standard 300 gn SMK load. It's about a 13# rifle with a 30" sendero countour barrel. It's currently wearing a 3 port muzzle brake. It's a very accurate rifle but my problem is I'm experiencing some muzzle jump that's affecting my accuracy at extended ranges. Is there any one muzzle brake that is absolutely the most effective recoil reducer? I was looking at the 5 port painkiller brake from APS. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

If this has already been discussed my apologies, anyway here's the scoop. I've got a .338 edge shooting the standard 300 gn SMK load. It's about a 13# rifle with a 30" sendero countour barrel. It's currently wearing a 3 port muzzle brake. It's a very accurate rifle but my problem is I'm experiencing some muzzle jump that's affecting my accuracy at extended ranges. Is there any one muzzle brake that is absolutely the most effective recoil reducer? I was looking at the 5 port painkiller brake from APS. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Give the TTI Eliminator a look as well. A writer did a real interesting study measuring both felt recoil and muzzle flip reduction on about a half dozen of the more popular brakes a few years back and the TTI was surprisingly effective.

Just google it.

I shot one on a friends 300 RUM and I was very impressed.

+1 on the painkiller, but Kirby will tell you the 5 port is wasted on that cartridge. It is designed for much larger case volume, I am sure he will sell you one though if you really want it.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.