More layoffs in Remington ... :( :( :(

Would this layoff be due to a down turn in sales or a result of a transition from NY to AL?

Either way its not good for the good people that lost their income.

It's a perfect storm of:
A) soft market recently and foreseeable future.
B) Emperor Cuomo's safe act, his premier law of 2013, and its consequences for NY citizens.
C) the previous two issues make the transition to Alabama so much easier to swallow.
D) not sure if this applies - union shop in Illion NY vs non-union? in Alabama? elsewhere?
E) modern building and infrastructure doesn't hurt either

Just my guess's

I feel bad for the employees, but New York is not gun friendly, so the move is for the greater good of the company. I believe anyway,

Remington is having some trouble with QC in recent years so this might get it back to what it used to be. 100 jobs in NY lost but 100 gained in Alabama. HEY MUDDRUNNER. you should work there and light a fire under there asses and get us some good Remington's again... lol

Their **** trigger fiasco kept most new remmy's from being on the shelves around here in time for deer season.... Get back to building a decent pipe and lay off the cost cutting. A company can cost cut itself to death.

Lefty I totally agree! Here is some good news. I just unboxed my Versa Max. I had never seen or handled one. I held off buying this because I thought it would be bulky, heavy,and clumsy feeling. Well, it's not! It feels and fits great. Shoulder it and it falls right in the pocket. Your eye flows right down the vent rib. All is good. Now if she shoots as advertised they have a winner.

It's a perfect storm of:
A) soft market recently and foreseeable future.
B) Emperor Cuomo's safe act, his premier law of 2013, and its consequences for NY citizens.
C) the previous two issues make the transition to Alabama so much easier to swallow.
D) not sure if this applies - union shop in Illion NY vs non-union? in Alabama? elsewhere?
E) modern building and infrastructure doesn't hurt either

Just my guess's

The UMWA represents those guys. I guess, as Obama said, elections have consequences:
5220771441_3f92928edb_z.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.