More Deer hunting Down under. (video)

Have sent you a Pm. Just saw some of your Samba Nice work did you shoot them all at range or up close and personal:D.Took some nice footag of a 3 yr old stag in the middle of a padock last week around 7.30 am , he had 2 others with him but they were on to us and left he just did not seem to care and kept feeding.

Ps video fixed should work now.

JAWZ

Loved the film. Very cooool ! Especially the shot taken with the tripod setup, you could actually here the whop !

Thanks for the tip on the pack. I'll order one in the next day or two, probably OD color.

Most of the Sambar were taken from 400-500 yard range with the 300 weatherby mag 168 tsx combo. This was the rig that got me hooked on the long range gig. From there I had Defensive Edge built me a 338 that will change the face of long range Sambar hunting down my way. Had the rig out for the first time last weekend but a good stag didn't show. Killing one of them with this gun from 1 k is very on the cards.

Liked the Wap from the South East. That sure is a fun hunt.

Cheers

DUH

We just got on to another 2 realy nice properties down your way 1 is 60,000 acers:eek: and the rubs are just starting to show up so it is time to find my high vantage points . I'll be sending some 200gr accubond down range from the same 300wby mag.

We did a reccy there last week and saw 2 stags over 30 in the velvet :eek: . One of them just stood there and looked at me until i went for the camera. Was trying to convince myself that his antlers were hard but deep down i knew the truth and let him go.

JAWZ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.