Montour county/russo 6-284

JUDD

downsized_0416091955.jpg

Here is my new baby!! Built by Kevin at Montour county rifles stock done by Joel Russo. The work by both is far beyond anything but exceptional..Thanks fellas!

Action - Model 7
Stock - Russo Laminate
Barrel - Broughton 1-8 twist 31" finished length
Brake - Vais
Scope - Luepold VXIII 6.5-20

Kevin chambered it for the 115gr berger VLD's originally wanted to chamber it for 105 amax's but was afraid I would have bullet failure issue's. Shootin prepped Lapua brass filled with Retumbo so far.

Anybody shootin heavy bullets in this caliber wanna give up some load details?? lol:D

And sorry for the crappy pics...I took them with the cell phone!

Man that is one of the coolest looking rigs I've ever seen. I also have the same "Dynamic Duo" working on one for me.

Here's a pic from Hunting today, JUDD shot a Hog between the lookers at nearly 500yds with this baby,it was nuts! It's hard to belive but it's even sweeter looking in person!

100_0482.jpg

That stock started out as the "Wildcat" but I have made a few modifications to the original to make it more user friendly. I call my pattern the "Wildcat Modified", I like to keep things simple.

JUDD, when is the next outing?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.