Montour County Rifles CNC Inletting

Kevin Cram

Hello Everyone,

In early 2016 I started offering CNC inletting on our Techno CNC router as a service to get a better fit and finish on my customers stocks. The barreled action is laser scanned and brought up in Rhino CAD. Through Visual Mill we're able to produce an action inlet that is prepped and ready for pillars and a barrel channel with perfectly even clearances on each side and a little extra underneath. For best finish results a painted finish is recommended. I can do molded in finished stocks but as we cut the ejection port, bolt notch and tang are they will need to be touched up to match the finish as best we can.

Here's a short video I did CNC inletting a Manners EH-1 for a Stiller TAC300 and Brux #4 contour. The bottom metal is cut in a different fixture ( sorry no video yet ) and positioned off the pillar holes cut in the action inlet. This ensures the bottom metal is cut exactly 180* from the barreled action and has a perfect fit. Both the barreled action and bottom metal must be in hand and each is test fitted before removing the stock from the machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe5Vn6M9F6U

Kevin,
That link to YouTube leads me to a screen that says the "This video is private. Sorry about that."

Have you done something to protect your video from general viewing, or is this a problem on my end, from my PC or security software?

Everyone else able to view the video?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts