• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Montour County Rifles .308 Win. F-Class / Varmint Rifle

Kevin Cram

I've decided its time to try to sell this rifle. I'm working on a big boomer and funds are getting tight, so something must go. (Montour County Rifles) built this last year, I was planning on shooting some F-class (FTR) but just don't have the time. Here's the specs.

Winchester 70: action trued to action bolt bore single point re-cut
Rear of bolt sleeved
Lilja 30 cal 1-12 twist, heavy varmint contour, 28" finish length, diamond fluted
Joel Russo A5/A3 stock with impecable automotive clear finish
Pillar bedded
Rifle Basix trigger
Front swivel stud only
Pachmayr recoil pad

Scope, Bi-pod NOT included

Redding Type S dies
100+ pcs Lapua Brass
Burris Rings
Weaver Base

Rifle has exactly 100 rounds through it and shoots the 168 SMK great!!

I have well over $2000 invested

Selling for $1600 obo plus shipping to your FFL
KevinCrams308FTR1.jpg

KevinCrams308FTR2.jpg

I am very interested in this rifle but don't see this particular rifle on your web site. Is it still for sale? I am new to these kinds of forums and am not really sure how to contact you or proceed.

Jetswick,
I believe it was you that sent an e-mail. E-mail replyed.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Kevin,
Will the 1:12 twist stabilize the 168 or 175 gr SMK's ?
What load are you shooting in this rig ?
Weight in rifle ?
Thanks,
JIM

The 1-12 twist is more suited for the 168g bullets. It likes 43g Varget with a Fed 210 primer and 168g SMK. I tried the 175g A-max with a Fed 210 primer and 45g Varget too. I was picking black birds out of a tree at 500 yards last I shot it. The rifle with scope and bi-pod weighs in at 15 lbs. 4 oz. I also forgot to mention it has a Tubbs speedlock firing pin, and the firing pin is bushed.

I saw the rifle this week and it is truly a unique and beautiful rifle. The Joel Russo stock not only looks beautiful but feels great in your trigger hand.

I just saw this one again yesterday and this picture does it no justice. Wish I had the loot!