Montour County Custom Rifles

royinidaho

The mail man just dropped off a small but weighty package in my mail box.

In the excitement of the moment I'm expressing my appreciation for Kevin Cram of Montour County Custom Rifles for his diligence, craftsmanship, experience (and good looks if he has any :rolleyes:)

I've been working on somewhat of a 'Swiss Navy' project and got it as far as I could. The learning curve and costs were steep to that point.

A phone call to Kevin, an email with pics of my efforts and he was on the project. He brought experience and innovation to the project not to mention his machining expertise!!

The results are what I was dreaming of. Very very well done Kevin.

Turn around time was way less than expected as this was a one-off type thing and not normally what a rifle smith would do but I'd say it took a combination of rifle smith/machinist and LRH shooter to do it right the first time.

The tools are works of are.

Kevin, thank you very much

Roy

I'm headed for the work bench. Look out world!!! and woofs:D

You can't just say stuff like that with no pictures of the toys!

lazylabs,

If you're the first to look at this post you'll be the first to see the results of using those 'toys'......

The first two PRODUCTION (Whooooo Hoooooo) Randa Enterprises LLC Idaho Woof Killer projectiles. 270 caliber, 158.00 gr - bc predicted (by Eaglet) to be between 0.633 and 0.685 with a most likely bc of 0.658.

Tomorrow will tell if they will shoot worth a darn and I'm betting they will (Prayer icon goes here :))

2 IWKs a Nosler 150 BT and an original 195gr RBBT Wildcat

IWKwNBT150WC195.jpg

stu,

Doing the points myself at this point.

I'm no machinist by a long shot but I'm improving.

If things pan out I have a contractor lined up.

You'll have to have a little ceremony when you pull the trigger on them. Maybe have a little ribbon you could shoot the projectile through. Got any hogs lined up to test em on?

Stu.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.