Montana Unit 700-20 Bull Elk

cherokees

Any advice on Montana Unit 700-20. would be greatly appreciated.
I drew a limited entry Bull Elk Tag.
Thank you in Advance
Art

I applied for this area but did not draw the special but I did get a general combo tag. Keep us posted of how it goes as I hope to draw this someday

Thanks

Buck

tire chains and new mud tires are a must when they get .25 in rain, or the snow melts any you will not like the roads at all..there are very little rocks on the roads up there..lots of public get onx maps, some of the landowners are not very nice to non paying hunters and some dont like hunters at all, so be sure of where you are, and hold your ground if you know you are in the right. i hope to be up there with a elk b tag. been up there on 3 elk hunts. my mom had a tag last year and opener went from mud and snow to -20 over night in the 5days it took her to shot one.

tire chains and new mud tires are a must when they get .25 in rain, or the snow melts any you will not like the roads at all..there are very little rocks on the roads up there..lots of public get onx maps, some of the landowners are not very nice to non paying hunters and some dont like hunters at all, so be sure of where you are, and hold your ground if you know you are in the right. i hope to be up there with a elk b tag. been up there on 3 elk hunts. my mom had a tag last year and opener went from mud and snow to -20 over night in the 5days it took her to shot one.
Thanks for the input

Lots of really good looking areas with zero elk. Best bet is to make at least one scouting trip and get some boots one the ground looking for sign. Once you find a general area they aren't too hard to find again. Also during rifle season this area gets pounded by deer hunters in the rut. Best bet is to go early as you can.

I second good mud tires, chains and a drain spade. They work great for digging the mud out of the wheel wells when they get completely packed with mud/clay and you can't steer anymore.

Good luck. I drew the same tag this year. Wife had it last year
8E317E4C-B60B-46E4-8827-95A58B720035.jpeg