Montana summer rams

Discussion in 'Nature Photography' started by Guy M, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

Took this shot at surprisingly close range with my little old Cannon digital about two months ago over on the Montana side of Lolo Pass. These two rams had come down from the high country for some of the green feed and water down lower. Thought you guys would enjoy. I'd sure like a chance to hunt 'em someday, but never seem to get drawn here in Washington.

[​IMG]

Regards, Guy

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Darn close!

3. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

Len, I think I got within about 30' of them, maybe 25' or so, before they started acting a little "twitchy." When they started paying more attention to me than their feeding, I snapped this last photo and backed off. They needed food, not me fooling around, bugging 'em. Good healthy looking young rams.

I just know that IF I ever manage to draw that once-in-a-lifetime Washington bighorn sheep tag, I'll end up taking some kind of goofy long-range, cross-canyon shot instead of a nice easy one like this...

Guess I'll sweat the shot after I draw the tag. No sense worrying bout it now.

Regards, Guy

4. mrbigtexan

mrbigtexan Well-Known Member

great pic!

5. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I've never drawn either, but know some that have, so I believe it's possible.