Model 7 stock

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by gedsar, May 10, 2008.

1. gedsar

gedsar Well-Known Member

I'm getting my mod 7 built into 7mm SAUM with a sendero profile barrel. I'm chasing a decent stock for it, does anyone know any places besides mcmillan and hs to get one from. Will the sendero channel fit in a standard M7 stock allright?.
    Thanks Geds

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

You might be able to cantact sombody like Manners stocks and see if they can make your one for the M-7 or Lone Wolf or one of the smaller companies , the problem I have had with getting stocks made for uncommon action is that the fit and finish of the inlet generaly isin't the quality of the mass produced stocks.

Joel Russo make a very nice Laminated stock thats a copy of the McMillan A-5 and he's got alot of realy nice color options , alot cheaper than McMillan about 1/10th the wait and WAY better customer service. I personaly like the Laminated stocks from Joel better than the McMillan because I can shape the grip area to better fit my hand. Here is a pic of a Rem M-7 I just finished chambered in 6x47 Lapua in one of Joel's stock the color is brown/black laminate with semi glos finish. The pics don't come close to doing the gun justice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One word of advise ,let Joel fit the recoil pad , I've ruined about 4 of them trying to get it right ,its alot easier and cheaper to just let him do it.
    and here is a pic of a 260 that "308nate" built and I stocked in Joel's A-5L stock with a Terry Cross adjustable comb , color is brown/brown laminate with a matte finish
    [​IMG]

3. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

James, whats the trick to getting such a clean line with the devcon bedding along the sides of the action,if you dont mind me asking?

4. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

If you are interested I have a laminated thumbhole stock that I took off my XR-100 (same action) 75 bucks plus shipping.
    UB

5. gedsar

gedsar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I just got a mcmillan off ebay. Just hope that I can open up the channel enough for a sendero profile.