Model 7 stock

gedsar

I'm getting my mod 7 built into 7mm SAUM with a sendero profile barrel. I'm chasing a decent stock for it, does anyone know any places besides mcmillan and hs to get one from. Will the sendero channel fit in a standard M7 stock allright?.
Thanks Geds

You might be able to cantact sombody like Manners stocks and see if they can make your one for the M-7 or Lone Wolf or one of the smaller companies , the problem I have had with getting stocks made for uncommon action is that the fit and finish of the inlet generaly isin't the quality of the mass produced stocks.

Joel Russo make a very nice Laminated stock thats a copy of the McMillan A-5 and he's got alot of realy nice color options , alot cheaper than McMillan about 1/10th the wait and WAY better customer service. I personaly like the Laminated stocks from Joel better than the McMillan because I can shape the grip area to better fit my hand. Here is a pic of a Rem M-7 I just finished chambered in 6x47 Lapua in one of Joel's stock the color is brown/black laminate with semi glos finish. The pics don't come close to doing the gun justice.
6x47Lapua1.jpg

RussoblackbrownA5L.jpg

RussoblackbrownA5Lbottom.jpg

One word of advise ,let Joel fit the recoil pad , I've ruined about 4 of them trying to get it right ,its alot easier and cheaper to just let him do it.
and here is a pic of a 260 that "308nate" built and I stocked in Joel's A-5L stock with a Terry Cross adjustable comb , color is brown/brown laminate with a matte finish
SSG2601.jpg

If you are interested I have a laminated thumbhole stock that I took off my XR-100 (same action) 75 bucks plus shipping.
UB

Thanks for the replies guys, I just got a mcmillan off ebay. Just hope that I can open up the channel enough for a sendero profile.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.