• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Model 7 Receiver/Set up

Zhomeguy

Was accumulating parts for a build and ended up with basically another complete Model 7 in SS.
Receiver body trued by LRI, receiver opening squared and 8/40" scope mounts with screws supplied. Rear tang re tapped from std size 1/4x28 to normal size in a 700 receiver (another poor design element of 7 receivers corrected). Correct size screws supplied, just open the bottom metal rear tang slightly to accomodate. Word of note, you'll need to get an aftermarket trigger assembly either Timney or Trigger Tech about 150$, stay away from an OEM model. You get an std 308 OEM bolt assembly (to do it right i'd have an M16 extractor added (most smiths when they mill out and solder in a sleeve in place of the old/original ring extractor can convert any std 308 bolt face to a Mag bolt face, i'd check with your specific smith on this but Karl Feldcamp had done ALOT of truing, extractor, ejector, bolt knob work for me!) and clean up the lug faces as a minimum, there is also a tear drop knob, it makes the grip just a bit further out than the OEM knob, nice for bigger fingers ), OEM BDL bottom metal. Talley Ultra Light Scope mount/rings supplied. Also it's a titanium lug that is pinned. The hardest part obtaining any more are getting the spring, screws and bolt stop. They are supplied, I just received from PTG.
Basically find a stock, a trigger and barrel you like and assemble your Model 7 Mt Rifle.
I can help with the wheres if you need it.
750$ (bit more for shipping)
I will get other pics to you if serious.

Last edited:
IMG_3986.jpeg

Std 308 bolt face, but see description if you're wanting to go the WSM/SAUM route on a build. I CERTAINLY would put an M16 extractor in that case.

Don't make me build three Mode 7s please!
Finishing a 25 SAUM, starting a SS 7 in 22-250 with a 22" barrel n a Manners EH4, hummm what should I build outta this one if nobody buys it? Ideas??