Model 12 lrpv bolt heads

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by nddodd, Oct 22, 2010.

1. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

This is probably the wrong section for this but here's my question. I have a model 12 lrpv action that has the standard bolt head and I'm wanting to change it over to a magnum which bolt head assembly do I need to get all I'm seeing on midway are the controlled round feed style. Will this work or not.

Thanks,
    Nathan

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. powermaker

powermaker Member

just give midway a call and they can let you know

3. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Do they make a push feed magnum bolt head or is the control round feed all they make in the short action line.

4. James H

James H Well-Known Member

Savage doesn't make short action magnum PF bolt heads. You need to modify a long action bolt head to fit the short action, if you have a lathe there is nothing to it.

James

5. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

the bolt heads should be the same on the short and long action Savages, but the length of the bady will be shorter on one. Call Sharp Shooter as he has the heads in stock.
    gary

6. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

The new short magnums are push feed, so yes they do make a short action push feed bolt head.

7. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas maybe I can call savage Monday and see if they will sell me one.

Thanks again,
    Nathan

8. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

Call Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply or head over to Savage Shooters forum and post a WTB.