Model 12 lrpv bolt heads

nddodd

This is probably the wrong section for this but here's my question. I have a model 12 lrpv action that has the standard bolt head and I'm wanting to change it over to a magnum which bolt head assembly do I need to get all I'm seeing on midway are the controlled round feed style. Will this work or not.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:
Do they make a push feed magnum bolt head or is the control round feed all they make in the short action line.

Savage doesn't make short action magnum PF bolt heads. You need to modify a long action bolt head to fit the short action, if you have a lathe there is nothing to it.

James

the bolt heads should be the same on the short and long action Savages, but the length of the bady will be shorter on one. Call Sharp Shooter as he has the heads in stock.
gary

The new short magnums are push feed, so yes they do make a short action push feed bolt head.

Call Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply or head over to Savage Shooters forum and post a WTB.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.