mod 70 375 hh action

Yes, my .338 Edge is built on the Win M70 Express length magnum action that was previously a .375 H&H magnum from the factory.

thanks i already have two shot out 300wbys in stainless classics. the other question is there any diff between the 338 edge and the 338- 300ultra.

Same beast. No difference. The Edge is simply a 300 RUM necked up to .338.

Click on the link for information regarding the 338 Edge

thanks i already have two shot out 300wbys in stainless classics. the other question is there any diff between the 338 edge and the 338- 300ultra.

I have one Model-70 300 Wby (xtr) classic that I thought of having re-piped & chambered in 338 RUM, but I was under the asumption some major smithing was involved as the rails would have to be "lengthened" to run the bolt with long bullets.
Maybe I was informed wrong.
On a side note:
Would a 338-300 Wby have more case capacity or less than the edge? I think it would outclass the 340 Wby pretty easy, but figured I'd throw that out there as another possible option for ya.

-dont get me wrong, I WAY prefer the non belted 404 parent case, but I was just curious-

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.