MMDCC

WV Hitman

So, no one reads Roman??? Here's what's going on
The pic is self explanatory. Many of you know I'm a rather intense hunter of groundhogs & deer, in particular. I've have a lot of permits this summer for crop damage control. I hunt corn fields & soy bean fields. I really love the beads because they never get high enough to hide the deer.
I'm shooting these deer from 100-400+ yards. By myself, I clean them (7 1-2to 8 minutes), put the meat in my backpack , pull the deer out of the fields, and carry it back 100-500 yards to my Explorer. Hard work for an old geezer!
This deer came out the woods quickly. I was set up way to the right in the woods with my BogPod & PSR. I use my SSK .375/.284 XP a lot because I don't want them to run back in the woods or crazy thick brush around most fields. I use lots of .375 bullets- 235 Speer, 270 Win. SP, 270 Horn. SP, 220 Hord. FP, 235 X, 260 Nosler PT, BT, AB. The BT & AB are the most accurate & best long range bullets.
This doe was at 348 yards. I held the lowest Plex on my 3-12 BPlex scope a little below the spine/shoulder. See the results!! She dropped. Only ruined a little of the back strap with the 260 AB.
Oh, all these deer are given the the elderly, poor, or my prior patients. None is wasted.
Retired life has been good to me (except the misery of recovering from a knee replacement in Jan.). MMDCC is an achievement I'm very proud of. Not too bad for an ancient hillbilly.
20230812_183353.jpg