Minox MD 50 spotter

browning442

Anyone have one of these? I'm thinking of getting a demo model from cameraland. Let me know your thoughts. They are $219 demo price, which seems pretty good for the reviews i've read.

Save a little more $ and get a Nikon ED 50, much better.
I picked one up recently for $350 in like new condition with eyepiece.

I have a minox. I find myself using it a lot.It is really nice and clear and packs down small with the little surui carbon tripod and ball head. For the money you can't beat it.

Thanks for the response guys. If i can find a good deal on the nikon i may roll that way but if not might get the minox.

Thanks for the response guys. If i can find a good deal on the nikon i may roll that way but if not might get the minox.
I wouldn't buy the minox.. I had one in Afghanistan and was not impressed. Look for a nikon, Leupold or a redfield and you'll be lots happier.

well luckily i found a screamin deal on a Nikon Fieldscope ED III so i went with that. Thinking i'm gonna be much happier with that vs. the minox.

I have this Minox with an angled eyepiece. Mine is very sharp, excellent picture quality, small and lightweight. The focus ring is a bit stiff, but the main complaint is the virtually non existent eye relief. Pretty much a no go with glasses. I wear glasses and I see only a small part of the field of view at a time.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.